Yesterday, I published a blog post which included the Ultimate Before After Slider, by ForeverThemes. I loved the difference that adding the slider made to the post! When I started to write, I had two photos, side by side, for comparison. One had been processed in Lightroom CC. The other had Lightroom CC’s Dehaze Filter added to the processing. The difference between the photos was obvious but not very compelling.
When I added the Ultimate Before After Slider, though, you could feel the difference. Now, you could see both photos, one on top of the other. As you slid back and forth, you saw more or less of each photo. Before I had applied the Dehaze Filter, the photo had looked foggy. Now, it was as though I had covered the first photo with a translucent film of haze. As you moved the slider from left to right, the film disappeared, just like magic!
Here’s another example of the slider in use:[uba caption=’Slide to the right to see the photo after processing in Lightroom CC.‘]
If you’d like to see a larger version of the finished photo, click here.
The original photo is one that I took in Amsterdam three years ago. It was a Raw file with the Camera Standard profile added to it. In other words, it was what I would have shot, if I had shot a JPEG file.
The second photo is the same photo, processed in Lightroom CC.
I will definitely be using this slider in the future! However, the one thing that was missing Read more →
Blogging… What was I thinking? A year ago, as I was contemplating a move back to the States from Seoul, South Korea, I promised my photography students that I would start a blog. I wanted to keep in touch and continue the conversation. Read more →
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part Four: Photo Processing… Get Ready for Some Serious Fun!
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part Three: Photo Processing… Where the Art Begins!
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part Two: Compositing
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part One: Photoshopping
- Why You Need Both an iPhone Camera and a DSLR!