Since Christmas, I’ve been sharing tips and tricks for shooting better holiday photos on my Facebook page (Caroline Maryan Photography). I called the series The Twelve Days of Christmas. Yesterday, it was the last day, and I posted this photo of three bamboo kings, from our creche, in front of our Christmas tree. I decided to have some fun with bokeh while I composed it.
Today, I want to share how I created the stars in the background. I hope you’ll give it a try, but be forewarned… it can be addictive! You’ll want to set aside part of a day when you can play around with no distractions.
The stars are really nothing but bokeh, but I had to modify it as I shot. Here is some background into how I shot this photo. Read more →
Join my mailing list!
Want to know when I publish a blog post? Or be the first to know when I offer a workshop? Subscribe here!
- Shoot “Long Exposure” Waterfalls with Live Photo Mode
- Exposure for a Moon Shot – It’s Not What You Think
- Using Your iPhone in Burst Mode
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part Four: Photo Processing… Get Ready for Some Serious Fun!
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part Three: Photo Processing… Where the Art Begins!