I’m in Amsterdam this week and have been out having fun shooting. I wanted to send a few photos to family members who are not on Facebook. It got me thinking about email and how dull it can look.
Let’s face it, if you love photography, you’re an artist at heart! So, why not express it when you write your emails? Here are some tips on how to play with fonts and create an original signature in Mac Mail on your computer. (With apologies to my PC readers… You may be able to do this, too, but I don’t know how… I hope you can figure it out from these tips!)
Discovering the Font Editor
Did you know that you can bring up a font editor in Mac Mail by just clicking on Command and t (think FonT) together? A window opens with a choice of fonts and colors. Read more →
When you get a group of photographers together and mention tripods, you’ll hear a lot of opinions on when to use them. Some photographers won’t take a photo without one. Others, like me, use them only for specific shots. But, no matter the opinion, they all can agree that there are tricks to using tripods. In fact, if you don’t know them, your photo may be worse than if you had just shot hand-held! So here are some tricks that will really improve your tripod shots.
Setting Up Your Tripod:
1) If at all possible, do not extend the center column of the tripod. Huh??? Then why is it there? I carry a small Gitzo Tripod (Amazon affiliate link)because I’m small and try to reduce the weight I carry as much as possible. Depending on the shooting situation, I might have to extend it, to get the camera to a height I want. But, the steadiest place to put your camera is right at the apex of the tripod. That is where the three legs come together.
Read more →
Join my mailing list!
Want to know when I publish a blog post? Or be the first to know when I offer a workshop? Subscribe here!
- Shoot “Long Exposure” Waterfalls with Live Photo Mode
- Exposure for a Moon Shot – It’s Not What You Think
- Using Your iPhone in Burst Mode
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part Four: Photo Processing… Get Ready for Some Serious Fun!
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part Three: Photo Processing… Where the Art Begins!