It’s that time of year again, the time when many countries change their clocks back by one hour. Where I live, it happened in the middle of the night, last night.
My cell phone changes automatically. Even better, so does my Apple watch! Even our thermostat for cooling and heating our house makes the change itself. (I’m not sure why it’s twenty minutes slow… that will involve some investigating…) Some appliances still need a manual update, like our coffee pot. And, let’s not forget the clock that causes me the most trouble…
The time on my cameras has to be updated by me! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve forgotten to do it, when I changed time zones while traveling. So, as a community service to my fellow photographers, I thought I’d remind you to change your camera time today!
First, on your camera, in the menu, select the correct page for changing time. On mine, it’s called Date/Time. I don’t even need to know the time. I just need to know if the time has changed backward or forward. I click on the symbol that looks like a sunburst. And click on the down arrow for “falling back”. (It’s an old saying that helps you remember how the time is changing. In the fall, time “falls back.” In the spring, time “springs forward.”
When the symbol changes (Mine has “Off” on the icon.), you press OK and you’re good to go until next spring… March 12th, to be exact. How do I know? My Mac Calendar tells me! Just wish it would set my camera time for me!
Share Us With Your Friends!
Join my mailing list!
Want to know when I publish a blog post? Or be the first to know when I offer a workshop? Subscribe here!
- Using Your iPhone in Burst Mode
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part Four: Photo Processing… Get Ready for Some Serious Fun!
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part Three: Photo Processing… Where the Art Begins!
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part Two: Compositing
- Photoshopping, Processing, Compositing– Is There a Difference? Part One: Photoshopping